Monday, February 19, 2007

I got into teaching for all the free time

So, yesterday, I started working at about nine or so (ay em) and wrapped it up at about nine or so (pee-em). It wasn't quite as formidable as it sounds; I did take lunch, dinner, and a walk to the grocery store, so I was actually only mining the salt for about nine hours. Otis was doing something all that time; I don't know exactly what, but the house looks awfully clean and sparkly.

And today: well, like the weather, the work forecast seems to be pretty much the same as it was yesterday.

This what I get for taking Friday off, I suppose.

At least I'm not trying to sell a house or anything.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Here's a last goodbye to Vicky Lynn Hogan, the 21st century Wal-Mart version of Norma Jeane Mortenson. Her story had the tragedy but not the talent; more bathos but no pathos.

No comments: