Sunday, February 18, 2007

Half a long weekend is better than none?

Yesterday turned out be a swell day, cold or no cold. We started out in the morning with a turn around the lake for some fresh air. It was such a sunny and warm day that the path was just full of walkers, runners, dog-walkers, and even some dog-runners. We even ran into Invisible Adam, taking his constitutional and rockin' out to some tunes (or listening to a talking book).

Otis had plans to spend some time around lunch with her mother, so I fussed around a bit, cleaned up the office, had Chinese leftovers (Gung Hay Fat Choy!) and made my To-Do list for the weekend. Composing the list was about as far along on my work as I got; I managed to get things a bit squared away and ready, but then Otis and I went out for some errands (like the comic book store) and generally found more fun things to do than work. We watched Sullivan's Travels after dinner (you can't go wrong with Preston Sturges) and even though we texted out to see what others were doing, we got involved in a hot game of double-nine dominoes to end out the evening. Yee-ha!

So, today it will be brekkies and then work all day - I have stacks of responding to get though, and two more apps to mail on Tuesday. No classes on Monday, so I can repeat the process then.

Maybe we'll sneak out for a movie tonight.

Oh, and I changed my mind - I think what I really want is one of these.

1 comment:

"Yojimbo_5" said...

Should you sneak out for a movie tonight, might I suggest, of all the good movies out there, that you go see "Sweet Land" at the Uptown.

Saw it Friday but I'm not putting the review out til Monday.

I don't think you'd regret the decision.