Thursday, February 15, 2007

Slightly under weather

On Tuesday night at 8:10 pm, I caught a cold. I was sitting in class, discussing an essay analysis in which we were about to engage, and bam! - there it was. Scratchy throat, stuffy nose, all the usual suspects. It's amazing to me how we can just know that a rhinovirus has activated.

Anyway, it hasn't been enough to significantly slow me down, but I just feel a half-inch off on everything. Morning classes Wednesday were fine, but I took a nap between lunch and grading in the afternoon. The early evening class went without a hitch (although I was swigging Emergen-C! all evening), then Otis and I went out to dinner at the Healthy Hedon (which I recommend to all, vegetarian or not, and especially to O). Dinner ran a little late, so when I came home I wasn't up for much besides bed.

I feel better today and anticipate lots of productivity!

No comments: