Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Splitting the difference

Here's the Tuesday morning post and the Wednesday morning post combined on Tuesday night:

Monday was unusual, in that it was not spent working all day. I taught in the morning and responded some papers when I got home, but when Otis came home after lunch we did real-world stuff, such as (a) go grocery shopping; (b)take a walk around Green Lake; and (c) watch a movie. (We saw Hedwig and the Angry Inch, which was very much better than I had expected it to be.)

Of course, that meant that this morning when I got up, I had to make sure I had all my ducks in a row for today, since I had done no prep the night before. Luckily (?) I woke up at 5:45 and couldn't get back to sleep, so I had plenty of time to enfolderize my photocopying and so forth.

And then it was off to the races, teaching from 9:00 am until an hour ago. Today had a special bonus in the midst of all the classes: Otis was up in Kenmore for a massage, so she came to Cascadia to have lunch. Yay!

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Here's a picture of where we'll be staying in Hawaii. We'll be in the building that is not on the beachfront.

No comments: