Sunday, February 25, 2007

Not a day of rest

Boy, I sing this song so much that even I get tired of the tune: I sure have a lot of responding to do today. I really am looking forward to working only 100%, rather than 140%. I guess my attitude was not helped by projecting out my teaching schedule from April through September; while it'll be nice to have the money coming in over spring and summer, seeing all those days will little red symbols on them was a bit daunting.

Innyway...

Yesterday was a pretty good recovery day. Dingo delayed dealing with her car issues, so we didn't have to mess with jumper cables and such; we'll do that today. Otis had one massage appointment, and I got some work done during the day as well, but mostly it was pretty low-key. We went out for some pizza for dinner, and watched a movie (that I reviewed over on my comics blog) when we came home. Life in the fast lane.

It seems a bit odd not to be getting the house ready for a big Oscar party tonight. Some of the edge was taken off the decision to skip the event this year by the fantastic turnout for Flapjack Friday; maybe the gang just has a migratory urge this time of year. My apologies to anyone who was counting on the affair; remember, there's always next year!

Bits and Bobs:

Given their recent posts on the same theme, here's a challenge for Yojimbo and JustJon: find one of these.

I think that Shutdown Day is a great idea, but it's easy for me to talk: we'll be in Hawaii then.

4 comments:

Jon Myers said...

We will be flying to San Antonio for Shutdown Day so I think we will be able to 'comply' too.

"Yojimbo_5" said...

HA!

Co-inky-dinkally, that's the day AFTER my job expires at "The Ranch!" Shouldn't be a problem. Chop wood. Watch a movie. Not write (except on paper). Not look for another job (except on paper)...

As far as the "Smiley-God" rainbow, I suspect they're far more rare than the "Frowney-God" rainbow. Certainly higher-up.

Just the other day I saw a complete circle (on the internet) I'll try and find it.

Anonymous said...

Are they serious? Are there people who can't go even one day without logging onto a computer (except for work where it is a requirement)? Read a book. Talk to a human being face-to-face.

Diane

Walaka said...

I don't think it's a question of can't and much as it is a question of don't. I know I use my computer very day, work or no. Do I really need to? No.

It's sort of like the no-buying day once a year: a chance to be mindful of something that has become a habit.