Friday, August 11, 2006

Stream of blogsciousness

So, Mighty Mel has been ramrodding this course revision committee at Cascadia, I've been helping, and we finished our work, so now we can hand in timesheets to get paid. So today I rode my bike out to Bothell to fill out the paperwork (and pick up a new office key, since they changed the locks). I got there about 1:00 pm only to find that I forgot that the college closes at noon on Fridays in the summer, so I couldn't accomplish anything. So, I had a bit of a power bar and came home. Although it was futile it wasn't fruitless; I had a near triple-dipple: 32.6 miles in 2 hours and 12 minutes, for an average speed of 14.8 mph. If my wheels were round, I bet I could have hit 15.

::::::

A week or so ago I mentioned some late fees that I had to pay at Scarecrow Video. I have been meaning to post this "reminder" notice that I got in the mail after I had taken care of business (it was delayed because they had my old address):



I'm telling ya, these guys are hardcore. (I didn't have to pay quite that much, by the way.)

::::::

Otis and I went to see Little Miss Sunshine tonight. We both agreed with others that it was one of the best movies ever. Go see it. Really.

::::::

After the movie, Otis and I came back to the RD but were still feeling active, so we walked down to Ravenna Third Place Books . To our delight, we found that they are open until 11:00 pm on Fridays and Saturdays; in addition to books, they have a Honey Bear Bakery on site and a new bar downstairs. We have another after-movie choice now, especially if we hit a theater in Wallingford.

1 comment:

John said...

Did the Weekly/Strangler diss on Li'l Miss Sunshine?! Fer gosh sakes... it was a nearly perfect film. The biggest knock one could find is that it didn't try to achieve too much. But that's really a compliment when everything it did attempt was so excellently carried off.