Monday, August 21, 2006

A Monday without a morning class...

... is a day I can sleep in! I didn't get up today until almost 7:15, and then I didn't have to worry about getting ready by a certain time. I took advantage of the extra time to go for a morning ride, wrasslin' the curve on that graph a little bit toward the vertical. It sure is another summery day - I would have thought we would have left the hot weather on the east side, but it's hanging about here, too. Happy continuation of summer to everyone who is happy about it!

Although I didn't have to teach today, I still had a lot to do. I responded a bunch of papers this morning; I still have a bunch more to do, but I couldn't really work up the enthusiasm in the afternoon, what with all the sunshine and stuff. I'll whip though the rest of the pile tonight after my evening class - after all, I need to have final grades posted by noon tomorrow.

Otis was working hard, too. I intended to announce her new blog, The Healing Nest, here, but Wheylona beat me to it. Check it out.

4 comments:

wheylona said...

Ruh-roh, sorry, didn't mean to steal anyone's thunder. But at least I'll reach some people that you and Otis wouldn't. And plus I sort of have loads of time on my hands now that Big Week is over!

You're a madman, walaka: I don't think I've ever considered getting up at 7:15 sleeping in, and I sure hope I never will. ;-)

Walaka said...

No thunder stolen; I was just slow on the uptake.

I love the early morning; I get so much done, productive and un-.

Jon Myers said...

Yeah for the early morning. One reason I could never live somewhere like Spain long-term I think - I am too much of a lark and not enough of a owl (he said, posting this comment at 11:25 p.m).

wheylona said...

I'm sort of envious of you morning types, I'm just not wired that way; notice my PST time stamp of 5:46pm = 2:46am CET! Heck, tonight's early for me--I'm posting at 1:16am. ;-)