Thursday, August 10, 2006

Dillydallying

Today was a swell class day: my sections were both doing peer review, so class comprised a bunch of people sitting around, listening to Mozart and reading essays. All we need was some tea to make it all salon-y. Sometimes I rilly lurve teaching.

After those rigors of education and lunch with a colleague, I combined a shopping trip with a keep-Dingo-company-while-her-car-was-fixed trip. The Little Red Car lives on!

Later on, Otis and I had planned a twilight ride, but she contracted some sort of strange sleeping sickness and snuggled with the cat-we-don't-have most of the evening. I have to head up to Bothell tomorrow, so I'll get the miles back.

Here's the sweetest little movie you've ever seen - and it's an advert.

This is for Yojimbo.

1 comment:

"Yojimbo_5" said...

Thank you for that. It's been a tough day, hearing that Mike Douglas died, and listening to Courtney Love all day.

I played the original NPR story about "the Wilhelm" for the post-production class at Shoreline, and, of course, they had to insert it into their films.

And, yes, those are all real "Wilhelm's"--although the Judy Garland one isn't there. Pity.

Hey, didja notice that one of my computers at The Ranch had been logged onto your site for a couple days? That should raise some eyebrows.