Friday, August 18, 2006

Places to go and things to do

Otis and I will be heading off to Spokane for the weekend right after lunch. I am going to try to get some bidness taken care of before we go, and maybe squeeze in a bike ride.

Yesterday marked a very pleasant last-class-of-the-quarter, complete with bagels and poetry and Strong Bad. I must say that this summer quarter at NSCC was quite enjoyable and that both classes were strong and engaged.

After class yesterday, I rode to Bothell and back to take care of some paperwork. While ticking the miles, I though of yet another way to geekishly consider my velocipedic performance this season, so when I got home, instead of doing something useful, I created this:



The fuschia line is a linear projection from o to 2000 across the span of the season. The blue line is what I have actually done. You can see that for the first week I was at or above pace, and then it went to heck in a hurry. The most troubling bit is the prevalenance of horizontal blue sections in May and early June - those represent sequential days with no miles, and that's what really killed me. I got pretty much back on pace around June 10, but I can't seem to narrow the gap. We'll see what happens when we get back from Spokane: I'll have three weeks of no day classes, and then two weeks of commuting to Bothell.

Other geekish news: I got an invitation to Blogger Beta - but in my other identity at comix blogger Walaka, rather than this one as regular blogger walaka. I'll play with it and let you know.

2 comments:

John said...

How did the invite appear? I'm anxiously awaiting mine!

Jon Myers said...

I am adopting a Groucho Marx-like attitude to these invitations. Of course, that might change should I actually get one.

WV = xidrjxih (or what your middle name should be if you expect to get a Blogger Beta invite).