Tuesday, August 22, 2006

A place for everything

Day Two of the no-morning-class break. I slept in again (7:00 am), posted grades to the computer, did some lesson planning, said hi to b (who came to give a massage to Otis), took a twelve-mile bike ride (yay!), had lunch, and still had time to re-organize my closet and the shed. Sometimes I love me my adjunct schedule; not often, but sometimes.

Speaking of working, there have been some developments on the underemployment front. I don't know if y'all remember that some time back (so far that I couldn't find the post) I made some cryptic and elliptical remarks about a potential job upgrade. Well, that has come to fruition: I am being made Associate Faculty at Antioch University instead of just Adjunct Faculty. I'm still not sure what it means - I haven't seen my new contract yet - but I did get an office. I think it means that while my teaching load is still administered as an adjunct, I will have some non-teaching responsibilities and a little extra pay. I don't knows if it will lead anywhere else, but I am grateful for the gesture if nothing else.

I had applied for an administrative job at Cornish College, but it looks like they won't be filling it until August 2007, so it's effectively out of the picture. There's a sweet half-time Grants Director position open at North Seattle that I am throwing my hat in the ring for; it might be a nice complement to adjuncting. In any case, it looks like my fall quarter is set: three credits at Cascadia in early fall, and then ten at North, eight at Cascadia and three at Antioch in fall proper. A good start to the year, at least financially.

And so this post is not all business, here's a clever little film I found via Wired magazine. I'm not quite sure about the song, but the split-screen action is great, and any Twilight Zone fan will immediately recognize the subject matter.

1 comment:

wheylona said...

Cool vid. But after that and the whole Snakes on a Plane thang, I'm going to block out all icky scary plane stories, even stoopid, improbable ones as I am about to board a plane myself soon.