Tuesday, October 25, 2005

An unfortuntate concatenation of circumstances

Whenever a number of conditions combine to create an unwanted effect these days, commentators are likely to call it a "perfect storm"; I have always preferred Wodehouse's styling (above) as more lyrical and usually more apt.

In any case, since I took on super-quarter at the end of September, here are the circumstances which have been concatenated: I apparently did not draw all the brightest bulbs in the box, and have had to work hard to generate some extra spark in class; a possibly ill-considered acceptance of an odd schedule at North in Winter knocked me out of contention for some work at Cascadia; this situation has not been successfully resolved and has reminded me of the perils of temporary teaching assignments; there is a labor action in progress at North over issues surrounding temporary teachers; I attended a session on temporary teaching assigments at the conference in Yakima and was not heartened by the information shared; I have been awfully tired by (and of) teaching six classes.

The result of all this: I have been a bit out of sorts and vaguely dissatisfied for the past few days. I am sure I'll get over it, but it has given me pause.

Hey, I got an email from one of the authors of N*W*C; he found our discssion on the blog. He's also a comix writer. Wotta world, eh?

Hey, I still need someone to pick up that last ticket for Says You!

Hey, is this cool or what?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I hope that glass floor comes with a full time janitor and a few heavy-duty mops. From the U-shaped look of the design it seems they could just hose the whole thing out when tourists take turns puking their guts out. Just attach a large hose to one end and blast everything out the other end. Maybe there'll be a drainpipe of some kind in the middle so sightseers can explode at will without slipping up the other tourists.

Soapy, typing from solid land

John said...

What was your email from the comix dude all about?