Sunday, October 16, 2005

A New Look is coming


In 1984, 22 years after its origin, the original Justice League of America was disbanded and the comic was given a whole new look : new characters, a new setting (Detroit), and new leadership (Aquaman).

Well, this blog has been up for all of seven months now, and I am starting to think about a new look and a new direction. The social-networking aspect of the blog hasn't quite gotten the traction I thought it might. I think that I am so busy over this quarter that I won't be able to keep up anywhere near the daily posting rate that I had over the summer. I have been reading a lot of blogs lately, and I am starting think about this whole endeavor more intentionally rather than experimentally.

In any case, I will be doing some fiddling. (I have already started dismantling my website in a similar All-New! All-Different! mode.) You probably won't notice anything right away (except less consistent posting) but before Isaac Newton's Birthday there will likely be a grand re-opening.

In the meanwhile:


Soup-er Party: Mlle. V. threw Johnbai a great bash last night! We got to have terrific soup, give birthday wishes, and meet new, cool folks. I am sure that it continued to be a swell time even after Otis and I had to bail out early for yet another trip into grading-land.

Projector update: The projector has arrived from Cali! Unfortunately, the mailman tried to deliver it while I was out responding to papers, so I will have to pick it up tomorrow at the Wallingford P.O. Meh.

I got skyped!: Wheylona called me from SanSe on her laptop. She has this service from Skype and wants us all to get it! It's some kind of Voice over Internet Protocol (VOIP) deal with really cheap rates - It only cost her about a buck for an hour. (I would link it but she wants you to go to her blog and click the link from her sidebar so she gets bonus points or something.)

Realism: I just can't do this, this year anyway. But next year, I am all over it.






2 comments:

Jon Myers said...

Good luck with the remodeling. I was interested by your comment about social networking as it seemed to be in the last few weeks your blog had returned more to its original local focus

Anonymous said...

Geez, just don't feature Vibe and Gypsy and Vixen on it or it'll sink like a highly laughable stone.