Sunday, October 30, 2005

Eyeballs intact

How did you use our extra bonus hour last night? I imagine some of you got another hour of twistin' the night away, you 24-hour-party-people, you. Me, I slept mine. Except for a walk to return the bat-movies, I essentially worked all day yesterday, from the time I made the last post until about nine at night, with a little bit after that as well while Otis fell asleep watching Close Encounters on the big screen (er, wall). I have to leave in a little while, to teach from nine to five down at Antioch, and still have a bit of planning to do when I get back. No rest for the wicked, eh?

Here's a little anigif for you today:



This illustrates the Golden Rectangle, which develops the idea of the Golden Ratio, which is a concept related to the Fibonacci Numbers and which I think is so cool that I keep trying how to figure out how to make it a tattoo. Learn more about it from this guy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me too! I went to Pilates/ Cycling, visited a friend and walked her dogs, came home and cleaned my apartment from top to bottom, went and had the car washed inside and out, graded numerous papers, set up my online classes for next session....ok the point is made.

This day I made the half of my family who are Protestants proud of my work ethic. Thank goodness it only comes along once a year.

Anyways, am hoping I can hang on now for another hour or so before crashing. Much accomplished, yet still bummed at how early it was completely dark.

Ned said...

Spent the extra hour in bed recovering from a hard day's touristing in Paris!

Ned said...

Them rabbits make my head hurt, but I love it. Would have loved to have studied mathematics. There is simply not enough time to learn it all. Old Fibonacci is just another thing on the long list of what-i'd-like-to-investigate-when-i've-got-more-time!