Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Off the air

Loyal visitors may have noticed that HKC was offline from about 10:00 pm yeterday to just now. Long story short department: I host the blog on my Comcast server space, not on blogger, and I reached my limit last night - a little over 26 megs of data. This included my WebRhetor website files and some other stuff I have up there, but the big chunk was all those photos that Blogger makes it all-too-easy to insert into posts. I thought they were going up to the Blogger server; they were going up to mine. Anyway, it was chock full, so I when I updated the blog, the main page, now the "newest" file, didn't fit and wasn't there (although the archived pages were).

I went in and deleted some of the larger files I had up there - movies and music and such - and there's plenty of space now. But I thought it might be a sign to retire this blog and begin a new era at a new location, with a different theme and fresh intentions. We'll see where that takes us.

In the meantime: classes are clicking along fine, the apartment is still all birthdayed up, I got skunked on two more projectors on eBay, and Otis and I had a fine time with the Soapster last night, seeing his new digs and munching on burritos. Now we're in the same neighborhhood, just like the Cap Hill folks! Cool!

3 comments:

wheylona said...

Glad you're back on the air! Just curious--why do you host on comcast rather than blogger?

Anonymous said...

I'm also glad I am not missing a BBQ......

Anonymous said...

The question is, are we cooler than the Capitol Hill Gang? Or just different?

Do our diminished numbers make us any less scintillating or titillating?

Soapy