Saturday, October 08, 2005

Mr. and Mrs. North and South America and all the ships at sea

Here's the round-up of recent realities:

The Says You! Excursion set for November 12 has one more opening: Otis had to pull out in order to attend a massage school elective covering arcane treatments that will give her the power to raise the dead or something. So far, it's me, Farmer Scott, Jimbo 5, Dingo, and Melvin signed on for sures; there's one prepaid ticket left. Want it? Let me know!

I finally heard from HawCC, and it looks like these posts won't be originating from the Aloha State anytime soon. Perhaps they could tell we weren't a match made in heaven. I got a very nice email from the committee chair (after I sent her one asking how the selection was going along) advising of additional upcoming openings, but I don't know that I would even pursue any of them.

We had an impromptu Moovie Nite last nite: Otis and I were joined by Dingo and Johnbai for Me and You and Everyone We Know at the Crest. Verra, verra weird, but verra good, too. Miranda July rocks.

Has anyone seen this terrific trailer? Cleverest thing I've seen in awhile. Here's the backstory. (One of the ways into this is Defective Yeti, so Dingo likely has seen it already.)

Hey! I won a projector on auction at e-Bay! Just the ticket for at-home big-screen extravanaganzas! One little hitch - the seller is trying to back out. I have contacted e-bay authorities and we'll see how it goes.

2 comments:

John said...

Let me know how the ebay dispute goes... I'm curious about that side of the process. I've always wondered if there was any real repercussion for backing out of a sale... other than the withering user-feedback that you will, no doubt, leave.

Walaka said...

Looks like the sale is going through. I'll post a detailed explanation of the process, but it involves more than just bad user-feedback.