Friday, October 28, 2005

Clear skies, not on the forecast

When I was getting up this morning, the radio lady said there was a one-hundred-percent chance of rain today. Yet, it has been been clear, with blue skies and sunshine for most of the day. I took my cue from that, and instead of working (which I really ought to be doing), I got the place ready for the movies tonight and even actually took a walk. I am in an excellent mood today; several things have made me laugh loud that really weren't quite as funny as all that. I stopped in at the local comic book shop and managed to wonder where the Silver Age went without getting all distressed at the state of comix today. I just feel good.

Maybe I am on the verge of getting my second wind. Monday will be day 26 of the standard 52-instructional-day quarter (eleven weeks minus three holidays), so we are halfway though this infernal fall. I am behind, but that seems to be the state of things, and I am getting used to it.

So, like the sunshine today, I will have an unscheduled bit of summerness before working all day tomorrow, teaching all day Sunday, and hitting the ol' grind again Monday. Gather ye rosebuds while ye may...

And even as I type, the raindrops begin to fall.

No comments: