Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Fits and starts

What an odd morning. When I got to my classroom, there was one student sitting there. We eventually got up to about 10 (out of 25); must have been one heck of a weekend.

Otis and I went to see Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill yesterday. It was a fine little documentary, with some surprises, a few laughs, and a lot of bird stuff. Well worth the viewing.

I have had the sense lately that I haven't been going to the movies as much, so, of course, I went to the spreadsheets: this season I have averaged 10.62 days between movies, while last season it was 9.49 dbm. That only amounts to three fewer movies over almost nine months (25 v 28); can I really perceive that?

Speaking of movies: I think I may actually think about going to see Fantastic Four on its opening day which I think is July 4th, I think.

Speaking of Johnbai, Soapy, and Di: I am waiting with bated breath for the photos from yesterday's urban excursion.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will add that I cried quite steadily through the second half of the film (the bird lover I am) and heard some faint sniffles throughout the theatre as well. Good theraputic tears...

Courtney

Anonymous said...

I was thinking about catching this film, a bird lover myself (still have a heart-shaped framed photo of my English budgie Bungee on my bookcase).
I am funneling my Memorial Day SoDo photos through John for blog publication...but am too tired to PhotoShop them for a bit.

Diane