Saturday, May 14, 2005

Bully for Bollywood

So, we trundled up to the Crest last night, and were joined by Mel and, returning after a long absence, Susan H! We all thought that Bride and Prejudice was great - a wonderful, colorful concoction of music and fun that was so unselfconsciously schmaltzy it just swept us along. We all walked out singing and dancing and wanting to go to an Indian wedding.

Wheylona's comment on the last post indicated by allusion that a highlight (if not the highlight) of the film is the Cobra Dance. Indeed it is (although "No Life without Wife" and the opening wedding number are also showstoppers) and here it is for your pleasure (as long as the link lasts).

And here is a little LPD strip.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved the LPD strip. Reminded me of the time my wife was travelling to India, and I encouraged her to take my tape recorder and get some interesting sounds. I asked a woman at my work who travelled every couple of years there if there were any interesting bird calls. "No," she said. "The crows sound the same way they do here..."