Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Saying the B-word; and, Hanging with the 'Lona

So, as unconscionably slack as I have been this summer about riding, I am still bound and determined to become at least a mostly-bike commuter this school year. In aid of that effort, I took my bike into the service center over the weekend for a tune-up/overhaul. I picked it up this morning with all its shiny new pads and cables and chain, as well as a new rear cassette and tires. Everything that was supposed to be tight was tight, and everything that was supposed to be loose was smooth as silk. I rode back to the RD from REI and the ride really felt different; in addition to the whole bike feeling slicker, the new gearing has different ratios so I had to adjust my shifting pattern. I still need to get some accessory equipment - a new headlight and such - but all my excuses for not riding are gone. Let's see how well I do in these waning days of summer.

After bike bidness, I took advantage of Otis's busy, busy schedule to spend most of the day with Wheylona.

We

Had lunch
Toured Cascadia
Geeked out in 3PB/LFP
Walked around Green Lake
Had ice cream
Solved most of the problems of the world

and still had time to hook up with Otis.

I took Wheylona back to Cap Hill for her dinner date, dropped Otis off so she could get a cheap massage at her alma mater, and found working wi-fi at a closed cafe, where I am sitting at a sidewalk table, blogging away.

Life is sweet!

1 comment:

wheylona said...

Yep! Thanks for the fab day and the book and the ice cream. My treat next time.