Sunday, August 26, 2007

A new gizmo

Otis just said "Oh, there's a new button on my Blogger" and lookee - it's for uploading videos! This is pretty cool, especially since YouTube keeps failing my videos lately - I haven't been able to uplood one all summer. Anyway, this is me, trying it out, with the usual I-thought-I-was-taking-a-photo cinema verite from my sister's wedding:



And the fun just keeps on coming this weekend. Yesterday, Stella came by the RD for a wonderful birthday lunch - we all went down to the Red Robin for veggie burgers with fries and birthday songs from the servers. Such silliness!

Last night, Otis and I decided on a whim to go out to the movies, so we headed up to the Crest and saw Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (POTC:AWE). So, what happened? Well, Johnny Depp was there, actually a whole lot of him were there; all the old folks showed up (and often died) and some new multi-cultural pirates joined in; people seemed to be double-crossing each other a lot, but I could never tell exactly why; there was lots of swashbuckling and gunplay and cannoneering; the monkey was cute; and the whole thing was a sometimes fun, always over-the-top, three-hour mess. Kinda like an amusement park ride, actually.

This morning, Otis was off with a girlfriend so I completely nerded out and wound up, among other things, color-coding the calendar for the whole next year. Now we're out and about (I juts dropped my bike at REI for an overhaul) and going to go see Wheylona later. How much fun can one man stand?

1 comment:

ReadyToShelve said...

I'm slowly realizing that the prerequisite for a massage practice is that you have to be a total ham. :)