Thursday, August 23, 2007

The bees knees...

...are probably fine, but mine are pretty achy.

Today was Stella's moving day. The call went out, and of course, Farmer Scott, who will now be know by the new sobriquet Stalwart Scott, answered in his usual resolute style. Even though he had plans to drive to Portland in the afternoon, he came over to the Land of Beige in the early morn to lend his truck and, more importantly, lift up heavy objects, carry them down into said truck, lather-rinse-repeat, and then drive to Not Quite Campus and do it in reverse at the new place, and then do it all again! And, I must say, I was right there with him, wading into the box springs and bookcases, while Stella herself ran to and fro with lots of smaller items (such as ten-gallon potted plants!), much as she has been doing for a solid week now.

But, we got it all done, and were rewarded with a fine brunch in downtown Bothell.

Stella's new place is bigger, nicer, and, most importantly, even closer to campus that her prior digs. How close? Would you believe a 90-second commute? Would you believe she doesn't have to walk on the streets even - she can cut through the grass? Would you believe I can see her window from my office? That close.

So, I came home in the afternoon -- I bussed it both ways, incidentally: piece of cake -- and helped Otis get ready for her book club, had dinner, and then made like a banana and split (you can read about my "adventures" on my comix blog). Tomorrow is going to mean Portland for Otis and me as well: we need to drive down for an 11:00 am wedding, and then be back for a 5:00pm Full Belly. What a day this will be! But at least I won't have to use my knees much.

No comments: