Tuesday, August 21, 2007

A little gray cat of a day

It has been that kind of timeless, aimless, gray day; we have filled it with meals and laundry and reading and naps and not much else. I wonder where the August went?

Last night, on the other hand, was quite a kick. We had a splendid evening and a great meal with lots of spaghetti (me) and salad (Otis) and apple pie and ice cream (Dar) and red wine (J-Force). (Well, only J and I had the wine, but it seemed to be all gone by the end of the evening anyway.) It was good to see J-Force again after a longish spell and great to catch up with Dar after entirely too long an absence.

But that wonderful evening passed, and we slipped into night, and then the misty morning that became today, by turns wet and muggy and cool. A walk down to the U District helped a bit - and I got some neat notebooks - but did not dispel the overall malaise. A good day for getting dishes done, I suppose.

I did finish reading Magic Man; it was not completely unsatisfying, if I may praise with faint damn.

No comments: