Thursday, August 16, 2007

All over but the shouting...

Well, actually, it's all over except for the grading. And the posting of grades. And it's not really all over, since I still have to teach once a week at Antioch, but at any rate, I had my last day of class for the summer - and my last class for the foreseeable future - at North tonight. Yay, with a hint of sadness at leaving that college for the last time. (Oh, and I did bagels and NY pizza.)

I started a to-do list to make sure I wouldn't have any fun with this new-found free time over the next few weeks. I quickly filled a page with tasks lated to last quarter's Antioch class (holdover assignments), this quarter's Antioch class, next quarter's Antioch class, next quarter's Cascadia classes, cleaning my office, fixing up my bike, and lots of other stuff. And a long sequence of departmental meetings, new faculty orientations, and training sessions begins on the fifth of September, so it's not like there's going to be a lot of empty hours between now and fall quarter. So much for a summer vacation this year!

Still, not having the split shift will be a big relief, and I am sure I'll be able to squeeze some good stuff in when I'm supposed to be along with working.

No comments: