Thursday, June 28, 2007

Wow, how'd this week get so busy?

Partly it’s this split-shift business, which takes some getting used to every time it comes up, but partly I think it’s just an extreme case of quarter-start raggedness. I have been spending more time than I thought I would be managing my lesson plans and determining the course of the course, as it were. Time to get this horse under control!

Yesterday, in addition to teaching and personal bidness and house stuff, I did take time for another reunion of sorts. Ritt and Bill C had come to town for a Mariner’s game, so I met up with them in Pioneer Square for get-together after far too long. For a time, we were the three musketeers of campus security, representing Big State, Private Liberal Arts, and Community colleges. Now, we’re all out of security or on our way. Bill has retired and Ritt has moved into general administration and may soon have no responsibility for public safety anymore. And let me tell ya, we all look a lot more relaxed. It was good to see them, if only for a short visit.

Today there’s more teaching, of course, and getting set to head to Portland for my class in the graphic novel. Off I go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am RSVPing for the League Company Picnic: I'll be there and can transport a few people as well.

The League blog doesn't allow for anonymous comments.

Diane