Saturday, June 02, 2007

Arts and crafts

First, full disclosure: Dingo's causal mention in a recent email of her biking plans forces from me this shameful admission: I have only completed 6% of my to-date projected miles this season. I don't know what's up; Otis and I have been doing a lot of walking, but I just can seem to get the cycling habit started this year. Maybe it's my school schedule and with the end of the quarter I'll find a rhythm. (I was lucky last year in being able to bike to classes in Bothell for Spring quarter; my schedule hasn't allowed that this year.) At any rate, I can still easily make 1000 miles, but 2K seems out of the question at this point. I'm toying with changing the theme to reflect this, or maybe we'll just let it slide by. What do you think?


Otis was feeling artsy yesterday and di some work on her upcoming show, so while she was busy, I did some stuff, too, such as re-design the site. I think some folks will like the new colors, anyway.


I'm still pondering the new tat, but I found this cool graphic on just how a Golden Traingle can be calculated. Maybe it will help reduce the creepification that Johnbai feels.





When MaryBee departed for the wilds of the Florida panhandle, she left behind in my care, custody, and control a set of vintage Lincoln Logs. Since it was a pleasant day yesterday, Otis and I decided to construct something, and came up with this little edifice, which vaguely resembles the Ballard library:







of course, in the Seattle market, it has already listed for $100,000.

5 comments:

wheylona said...

A log cabin for kitty?

"Yojimbo_5" said...

Hmmm. Looks like a tear-down. You done comps?

Anonymous said...

I think you should suck it up and still try for 2k.

What about doing the Seattle to Portland ride? That will help you clock a few hundred.

Saddle up, man!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, love the new colors!!!

John said...

It does decrease the creepification! I was thinking only of the stumpy leftover, rather than the whole rectangle that includes the section used to produce more (internal) rectangles.