Wednesday, June 20, 2007

It's finally hot

What a day! The weather-box says 76, but it sure feels warmer than that. Summer stuff, for sure!


So, my blogger interface is still running slow, and now my Sitemeter widget has disappeared. And a little ad just appeared on my third-party recent comments widget. What is up with all this?


In addition to playing a lot, I actually got the last of my quarter work finished yesterday, so I am well and truly free. Well, tomorrow, I'll have to make sure my ducks are in a row for my Monday morning class, but that's about it. Piece o' cake.


Otis had an appointment up north today, so I rode my bike up to LFP to meet her when she was done, and we came back down together. It felt good to get back on the Burke-Gilman trail, and I moved my mileage up from horrifically miserable to infinitesimally-less horrifically miserable. No, really: 11.5 weeks into the season, I have completed 11 rides averaging 5.4 miles each. At this rate, I will complete an embarrassing 137 miles this season; if I get back on pace, I can manage 1181 miles. Look on it:



The blue line is what I should do to make 2K miles; the pink line is what I did last year to make 1500 miles; the yellow line is the best case for this year. Sheesh. Wotta revoltin' development this is!


Before taking my ride, I tried out my geek-fu on Dingo's old iMac Blueberry this morning, before she passes it on to New York Alex. I was not strong enough: I could not accomplish any of the neat things I was planning to do. Granted, it was because I didn't have the stuff rather than not having The Stuff, but it was still disappointing.


On the other hand, my geekishness ran high this afternoon, as I prepared for my Vegas trip by downloading and printing mass transit maps and schedules. Boy howdy, we're having some fun now! The weather forecast for Vegas has moderated a bit: they are no longer predicting 110 degrees on Friday - just a balmy 108. Heh. Maybe today was my practice day.

No comments: