Thursday, June 21, 2007

A post before flying

So, last night was a swell impromptu movie night! First, Dingo came by after work; then, we were joined for dinner by Stella and Sairey, and we all enjoyed some of Otis's delicious yellow pea soup. Dingo had to leave, but the rest of us watch 13 Conversations about One Thing, one of those interweaving narrative movies. It was pretty good, actually, with a great cast that included Matthew McConaughey, Alan Arkin, and John Turturro. Check it out when you can.

Today was another glorious day in the neighborhood, and Otis and I took a nice walk through the ravine until her knees hurt. I packed, Otis worked, and then J-Force joined for dinner and a walk to the B&R for ice cream cones. This is pretty splendid vacation, i have to day.

Well, tomorrow I head out for Vegas at oh-dark-thirty. I plan to blog from the the free wi-fi zone at the Krispy Kreme in the food court in the Excelsior, but the transmission might not get out - after all, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas, right?



One of my favorite jokes, told by Shecky Green: "Frank Sinatra saved my life once. These two guys were beating me up and he said, "Okay, boys, that's enough.'"

3 comments:

Scotty Walsh said...

I love that joke, too. Lately I've been watching youtube clips of the old Colgate Comedy Hour with Martin and Lewis. Young Lewis is a complete master of comic technique, and Martin was voted by Playboy to be the Coolest Cat That Ever Lived. Did you get the book I sent you? It would make a good airplane read.

Anonymous said...

Either I don't get it, or it's not so funny.

Diane

Scotty Walsh said...

Well, it's just kind of funny. It's not really saving someone's life when you're the one that put them in the life threatening situation to begin with. But such was the charm and beauty of Frankie Sinatra.