Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Humpday respite

Well, tonight is actually a pretty mellow night; the first time this week I feel like I'm not jumping. The express class is zooming along, and I had one last Antioch class and a meeting there to deal with, and Otis has some family business going on, so it's just been hup-two-three-four.

I have been biking to Bothell regularly; I made three round trips and then a one-way today. I got caught in some partly cloudy heavy drizzle and got to work a little damp soaking wet. At the end of class, my biking gear was still dripping, so I called Otis and she happened to be out so she just picked me up. The rain must have been a good motivator, though; I posted my fasted sustained time of the season, covering 15.4 miles in 59 minutes for 15.7 mph.

The Antioch meeting was to clarify my position as Associate Faculty there; it went well, and while the position doesn't have a great deal of financial reward associated with it, I think I can it it in the Good Thing column for sure. It's nice to have that wrapped up; I have all sorts of teacherly administrivia buzzing around me right now. Of course, I have responded by creating a spreadsheet -- no, not really, just a calendar so I know which tasks I have to complete over the next ten days while leaving some time for the fun stuff.

And speaking of fun stuff, i had some cool animated gifs to upload, but Flickr has apparently changed its technology and won't accept them anymore. Isn't that just too bad?

No comments: