Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Dawn patrol

It it a bad omen to start off your day by setting off the smoke alarm because a stovetop burner was dirty? I guess it's not as bad an omen as setting of your smoke alarm by burning your house down.

I got up a wee bit early thanks to the asynchronous nature of my schedule and that of a cat that someone let sleep in the bedroom. Oh well, it just gives me time for a cup of tea.

I have been really busy this week. Besides class, the assessment stuff that I put off has been consuming a lot of time - I thought could shave it, but it turns out not-so-much. It all needs to be done by Friday, so it's slog time arond here for a while. On top of that, I'm trying to begin this quarter a week ahead - I want to have all my stuff ready for the first week of the "real" quarter before it begins. So, busy, yeah, that's the word.

The B2K is sort of ending with a whimper instead of a bang. I only managed 3.5 of the 5 long trips I had planned for last week, and this week looks to be 0 for 4 because of weather and time constraints. There are still two weeks left before the official closing of the spreadsheet, but I have moved from a prescription to descriptive attitude toward the final miles: they will be whatever they will be, and that will be fine. For the record, it's at 1447.

Also for the record, I'm getting awfully tired of the adjunct life.

No comments: