Sunday, September 10, 2006

Bikin' and workin' and bikin' and workin'

Well, I guess this is really the last Sunday of summer for me. Tomorrow Stella and I begin teaching our "express" classes (which runs 3.5 hours a day, four days a week, for two weeks) and as soon as that ends, Fall quarter proper starts (which means for me five classes, 21 hours a week, for eleven weeks). Time to get in work mode!

Today was the start of that. I bikes up to Bothell and Stella and I worked for a few hours getting the schedule squard away and making almost all the photocopies we will need for the whole class. Once the class starts, it's just run-run-run, so experience has taught is this is the way to go.

After piling up all the papers, I biked back, and found that I had a tripple-dipple for the ida y vuelta. The totals were 30.5 miles in 121 minutes for an average speed of 15.1 mph. (In the splits, the way out was actually solid gold (15.4 mph) and the way back - which included the killer Ravenna Hill - was just shy.) The B2K total so far is 1357 miles even, so with the 200+ miles of the two-week Bothell commute, I think 1600 will be an easily sustainable goal.

Of course, after biking back, I still had work to do, since there were loose ends and rosters from the current class to deal with, and the assessments and other tails of classes that are just ending. But there wasn't so much work that I couldn't take a walk in the neighborhood with Otis, to get an ice cream cone and enjoy the last lingering rays of daylight.

No comments: