Saturday, September 23, 2006

Before dawn's early light

Here I am, once again sipping tea in the quiet time. Yesterday at this time I was working, and being terribly productive. I got all my last assessments done; the most time-consuming part was tryng to upload them while the system was being balky. With that done, I just have to do the final grades for my express class and I have a clear deck for the "real" quarter.

Getting all that work done early yesterday let me enjoy my day, and it was full of enjoyable moments. First, I got the last of Otis's Summer Special massages, including a salt scrub! We went out to lunch at Nana's and spent the afternoon getting creative and making abundance boxes. We had dinner at Jai Thai in Fremont to mark the first time Otis took me out, and saw The Science of Sleep afterwards up at the Egyptian. (Note: This movie makes Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind look like a straightforward linear narrative. It's engaging and visually complex.) We even stoped at Third Place Books for some afters. A splendid day by any measure.

I don't know if I will be just as productive in the next few hours, but even if I'm not, I'll be out enjoying this (predicted) summer-ish day as much as I can.

No comments: