Friday, July 07, 2006

Working weekend

Well, I have a pretty ambitious agenda for myself this weekend. Most of it relates to school work but there's some house stuff on it; we're also expecting a visit from the Spokane contingent tomorrow. Let's see how high I can keep my voltage for how long.

But first of all, since this blog has been pretty text-heavy lately, here's a pic, mostly for Wheylona, since it's of her boyfriend:



(If you want to make your own Colbert Report Threat Down, go here.)


So, yesterday I had the "pleasure" of watching Gattaca twice, consecutively, with a three minute break between screenings. (I was showing it in class). It actually held up pretty well.

Afterwards, I had the pleasure of a lunch with Johnbai, Soapy, and Otis, and even though we went to the Greek place that wasn't the place that Johnbai was really thinking of, it was an okay place. I hope the boys got back to their cars before parking enforcement found them.

Otis had no parking headaches at lunch, since she walked to the restaurant, but she spent most of yesterday still on the mend from her migraine episodes earlier in the week, and was a bit fuzzy all day. Here's hoping for a clear-headed day today.

I probably should mention something about the B2K, eh? I stopped posting the daily updates because they were getting boring. I seem to be stuck at a pace that looks like it is going to get me to about 1700 miles this year. I'm at 762 miles right now; last year I did over 90% of my millenium after my LDL test at the end of July, and that seems to be about the same rate I'm clocking miles now. I haven't been able to pull it together quite as ambitiously as I wanted to, and I can't blame the weather or a broken toe this time around. The hardest bit now is keeping my motivation up as the likelihood of 2,000 miles gets slimmer. I have to remember that the real motivation is my health, fitness and green-ness; the other stuff was just for fun. So, I think I'll post the centuries and any other major milestones, but you probably won't see a countdown (count-up?) until the end of the season.

Okay, it's time to get to it!

3 comments:

wheylona said...

Yay, my boyfriend! Thanks; I've not been watching him for quite a while, unfortunately, so it's very nice to see him. :-)

And keep up the biking--you're doing it for all the right reasons no matter how many miles you end up clocking.

Jon Myers said...

Go, biker, go!

John said...

Man... I've been craving that other Greek place something fierce.