Sunday, July 02, 2006

Tired, but in a good way

I guess I got used to Sunday night being just another night when wasn't teaching on Mondays during Spring. But now, Sunday night is once again for me, like for most other folks, the last gasp of the weekend before a work week starts in earnest.

The week that starts for me tomorrow is ratcheted up a notch in busy-ness: Week 2 of NSCC is also Week 1 of AUS. There is the saving grace of Tuesday's being the holiday, though.

I will need some grace, because I am worn out after this weekend. Yesterday started with some household work, and then Otis had a session so I left the house. I wandered around on my bike, got the DVD for the outdoor movie, went to the comic book store, stopped by to visit Dingo, pretended to do some school reading, and stuff like that. When I got home there was a short break before Otis and I had to head up to LFP to set up for the show.

If anything, this SOS was an even better success than the original. First of all, I built a bigger, better screen out of PVC pipe and a sheet, so the picture was pretty ginormous. We had the usual grub, including Blood Orange Drink. Attendance was high: Ms. Macha introduced the gang to Mr. Macha, who is recently arrived from Japan; J-Force dragged MaryBee from her sick-bed; Soapy enjoyed himself even though the movie had no explosions or female archers; everyone went after Dingo's melons; Hi-Lai & Welcome Matt and Sailor Sue brought terrible, wonderful chocolate stuff to compete with Otis's cupcakes; Jimmy the K and K-man Junior came for a rest after a day of biking; and even Kris-10 and Rye-N were there, sneaking in late while the ticket-taker wasn't looking.

After a group dance lesson and some other shorts, we settled in for The Wedding Banquet; it was an odd experience actually watching a good movie for a change. Many hands made light the work of cleaning up, and we actually got some late night visiting in afterwards.

That visiting meant a bedtime of about 2:00 am, so today I was tired and my hay fever was acting up. It was a fairly quiet day - Otis had a session and I was doing prep - but tonight we went over to the Zoo for an Indigo Girls concert. It was a mostly pleasant experience - a few crowd-related issues, but the weather and the music couldn't have been finer. Mad props and many thanks to Hi-Lai for the tix!

No more for now - time to hit the hay tonight and the ground running tomorrow.

No comments: