Thursday, July 27, 2006

Humppost

Actually, yesterday was humpday, and since my work week ends on Thursday, it's more like homestretchpost, but I like the look of that title.

I broke down and applied for a full-time administrative job yesterday. This adjuncting is wearing me down. Over the past two years, I have averaged 114% of a full-time load (compared to someone who has a permanent position). That doesn't bother be so much, even though I still don't make 100% of what a full-timer makes. What's hard is that since I have some quarters that are light, there are quarters that I work much more than that: the last four have run 180%, 160%, 53%, and 130% of full-time. It's a bit too much.

An admin position would mean no light quarters ever; it should also mean that I'm never working double for three months at a time, either. And I'm at a level where I should get a decent amount of vacation.

So, a I trying to convince you, or me?

Of course, another option is to stick with adjuncting and just work less, but I don't know if I am ready to let go of the income.

Ah, is there anything more boring that the problems of the privileged?

T-Shirt Poll Results

The Milk shirt was the most popular by far; it will be the next gray shirt. Sorting out the rest of the pack, old-school Atom grabs a new gray, while brand-new Diana Prince and the classic WW2 clinch will wait for the next two blacks.

No comments: