Sunday, July 09, 2006

Weekend update

Okay, so I didn't exactly get off to a running start on all my tasks this weekend. I had good intentions on Friday, and did tear my office apart as the first step in organizing all my lesson files, but then Johnbai called and I just couldn't resist joining him and visiting Jimmimoose and Dingo for a little frisbee in the park and a little browse of Value Village. And then I met J-Force for a late late lunch so we ould talk about the thrill of interviewing for new staff. And it wasn't too long afterwards that it was time for Otis and I to take a nice bike ride up to Third Place Books in LFP to get some miles in. And by then, watching a movie for the rest of the night seemed appropriate, so I finally got to see John Sayles's Brother from Another Planet. All great, but not necessarily productive.

Yesterday I was more successful. I leapt on the disorganized office, tossing old stuff and making new files for the keepers. I did the same thing for the computer files, eliminating duplicates and putting stuff where I could find it easily. I identified some potential activities, got all my roster set up, and created my quarter packets for each class. I feel ready to rock, now.

Today's chores invlove reading and sketching out some lesson plans for the week - all of which I think I might do in a park, ear water, enjoying this lovely weather.

And lest you think that yesterday was all work and no play, we did meet Gweekers and Mikey (and Sairy and Warry) who were visiting from Spokane (well, G&M were in to see S&W, who live up in Lynnwood). We took the cheapest harbor tour you can find - The Elliott Bay Water Taxi to West Seattle. It was pretty cool - there's a free Dart to Alki Beach, and we had dinner at a splendid Irish pub, and then walked back along the strand to Seacrest Park. Our strolling speed made us just miss one boat, but we sat at the waterside and had dessert and waited for the next. There was still time for late night coffee service back in the RD. A fine visit, with lots of reasons for celebrating all around.


Otis, Mike and Gayle ready to set sail


Otis liked this picture of the threatening ice cream man


A crappy photo of a great view

No comments: