Tuesday, July 04, 2006

All's right with the world



Despite the dire predictions of weather underground for clear skies and sunshine all week, it's raining right now.

I just went outside to feed the cat that we don't have: raindrops were darkening the gravel, plinking in the pool, and splashing kitty's bowl, not to mention fallin' on my head.

It's good to know some things never change.

:::::::::

Yesterday was the first of my split shift days: I taught from 9:00 am to 12:30 and then from 7:00 pm to 9:30. It actually worked out pretty well; if I can consistently use the midday break for eating, biking, responding papers, lesson planning, and eating again, I should be able to keep my work week compressed to three long days and half-day on Thursdays. Which means I will become a creature of the weekends, since doing stuff other than schoolwork during the week will be pretty much physically or temporally unpossible.

(The classes themselves seem to be settling in just fine - good groups of students so far)

I did miss out on a late night rendezvous instigated by Johnbai yesterday - just a little too fagged out after class. Hope y'all had a good time.

2 comments:

Jon Myers said...

Did the cat bring its own bowl?

Courtney Putnam said...

Ha! Very good question, Jon! Walaka still says she's not our kitty. I am not so sure...

I am quite positive that we're her humans, though.

Courtney