Friday, May 12, 2006

Early times

Y'know, no matter what my schedule is in regard to the outside world, I can't seem to break the habit of getting up early. I have been up for about two hours now. I find that I am most productive in the early morning: in addition to reading emails and checking blogs, I have been doing stuff like paying bills and updating syllabi for the summer. It's not even just computer work: I often do dishes and clean up and all that stuff, too. Sometimes I wish I could sleep late and luxuriate and all that, but it just doesn;t seem to happen.

Anyhoo, we had a lovely night yesterday with J-Force and Dar-Dar Binks, who came over from their respective liberries to join us for vegetarian chili, some drinks, and conversation. (Oh, and let's not forget the totally crappy yet 100% vegetarian ice cream drumsticks that Dar brought.) Good times!

A splendid cap to a day that started with coffee at Septieme with JJ, who had gone too long without gracing us with her presence in any way, shape, or form. Not that working and taking courses (over now in a few weeks) at the You-Dub to develop a whole new career in wine-spying isn't a valid excuse, but I'm just sayin'.

Actually, the day began even earlier with bagels and OJ at Whole Foods with Otis, before she ran off to be worky and massagey all day, returning just in time for dinner.

So yeah, swellness all around, except that the weather report misled me into thinking it would be milder than it was, and it got pretty chilly scootering around in a kilt, lemme tell ya...

2 comments:

wheylona said...

you are a sick puppy, walaka! you get up even earlier than our dog. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Now there's a manly man - scootering in a skirt on a cold day! Especially if you're kilting as the Scots do.
ScottFlowers