Friday, November 25, 2005

Seasoned greeting

When I was a kid, the last float of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade (after the Underdog balloon and the Rockettes and all the rest) was the Santa Claus float, and its appearance was considered the "official" start of the Xmas season. In my recollection of the way the world was then, you really didn't hear Xmas songs or see Xmas decorations until after Thanksgiving, and, of course, like just about everyone else, I have a tendency to think that most of the ways the world worked when I was eight or twelve were better than the way it works now, and this is one of them, but there you go.

Now, although I have swapped out Xmas for INB* (or Appleday), it is in the spirit of that now-forgotten tradition that I offer the following (because it is entierly too cool to go unmarked and I wanted an excuse to post it). I give you the best comix-related holiday t-shirt ever:



Once you have figured it out and laughed yourself silly, click the linky pic and go buy one.

Yesterday was a fine Thanksgiving. Otis and I went to LFP for grub and then the Putnam kith and kin came back to the Ridge for a WWS* screening of Hero.

Many of you readers are likely on the way tonight for another IWWS*. If you're not, send me your cell phone number so I can call you, too! See ya!

*Isaac Newton's Birthday, more on which later


*White Wall Spectration



*Impromptu White Wall Spectration




1 comment:

John said...

...and the Joker got away?