Thursday, November 03, 2005

Minor miscalculation

Today is Thursday, and on Thursday I teach from 9 am to 11 pm at North and then from 6 pm to 8:30 pm at Cascadia. To make the most of this split-shift day, I usually come up to Bothell directly from North and use the five or six hours I have free to lesson plan and respond papers, rather than going home and frittering the time away.

That was my plan today. Unfortunately, even though I took the extra briefcase along, it did not have in it the papers that I wanted to respond. So, I did all the work I could, and am now floating dead in the water, since the rest of my work is back on the Ridge, and I am here on Campus.

This is a sadness, since it means I have time free that will be very difficult to turn into any sort of quality time, stuck as I am on campus, and I will have to take away from some potentially-high-quality time this weekend to do the responding I could be doing now.

So, I blog.

Here's my earliest web presence, I believe. Way back when, I had a Packard-Bell PC that had come with a TV card. You could plug an antenna or a coaxial cable into the box and watch broadcast or cable TV or a VCR on the computer, and it had some primitive video-capture software. (I actually remember watching the Miss America pageant on the desktop once, when the TV wasn't working for some reason). I had come across this site that chronicled the Tales of the Gold Monkey TV show, and I offered to help, and the gal who ran it sent me some tapes, and I made and emailed her the awful low-res captures that you can see on her pics page.

This is a crime prevention site that has an email link to me (at an ISP that no longer exists). The source code says this cobwebsite was last updated in January, 1997.

At least this blog is a little more up-to-date than that, innit?

No comments: