Saturday, November 19, 2005

The day after the night before

I'm about ready to dive into some responding - I think I'll head out to a coffee shop and see if I can't get through my forty-eight or so 101 papers today.

I got my LDL blood test yesterday and through the miracle of the Internets had the results by the afternoon. Briefly, since the topic is starting to bore me, I am below the "danger line" for bad cholesterol, and just a lttle low on good cholesterol; my numbers changed by about 50% of what they did the first six weeks of the experiment. So, I am right on a cusp, forcing a strategic decision: do I stay right here, cuspily, or do I take the Lipitor. There's nothing more I can do through behavior adjustments. Sigh.

After a day of work and errands yesterday, we had an Impromptu Spectration last night: Johnbai, Dingo Donut, Mighty Mel, JagGirl, and Forceful Jen joined Otis and I for pizza, salad, popcorn, and a screening of the Japanese weepie Nobody Knows. (Next IS, Mel gets to pick the flick.) It was great to catch up with the gang (except for Soapy, who didn't get the messages).

Today is another mix of work and play. Otis and I got a walk around Green Lake in this morning, and still have lots on the agenda. We put the TV out on the sidewalk with a free sign and it was gone within an hour or so; that made clearing out the alcove a lot easier. Still more to do!

I'll close with a picture of the Founding Father whose inspiration I feel we need most right about now: that radical, humanist, anti-religionist, populist pamphleteer, Tom Paine:




1 comment:

Ned said...

What would Tom made of the Internets? Would his voice have been able to stand out amidst all the chatter?