Saturday, November 26, 2005

The day after the day after

Wow - who knew that an Impromptu White Wall Spectration would garner such a crowd? What a fortunate man I am - a few phone calls, and I find my home filled with the cheer and good spirits of eleven people besides me and Otis: dinner guests Kris-10 and Rye-N; Forceful Jen (complete with microwavable booties and her own burrito); Dingo Donut and Johnbai with their special guest Calvin-sans-Hobbes; Sue, the Sailor (by avocation), Dean (by occupation) and b*tch (under provocation); JagGirl (with lion locks); Soapy (in fine voice but without burrito); Jimmy the K of the K-Men, fresh from the mountain; and the Late, Great Jim.

We watched - and sang along with - Star Blazers, and laughed at Xtian hijinx in Saved! and got eerie with Telly in a Twilight Zone. Then it was time for gentle, civil discourse on intellectual topics until I threw the last of the crowd out at 1:00 am. Good times.

So, of course, today the piper wanted pay: responding, responding, responding. At least misery has company: as I did my 101 and grad program papers, Otis was plowing through her own stack of HS essays. So many words!

At least it was sunny today, so we took a quick break to drive out to Golden Gardens and look at salt water, before coming back home to -- wait for it -- read more papers. We're almost done.


No comments: