Monday, July 16, 2007

To heck and back

Otis went out to a book club meeting tonight, so I hied myself off to 3PBR to do a little work and blog a little blog. Well, I got there, got coffee, got settled in, and even did a little work, but the blogging was not to be - their Internet connection was was dicey and then dead. Too bad for me - I actually had a little agenda of things I wanted to accomplish. Instead, after fussin' with futile attempts for a little while, I packed up and hied myself back home. I did get to share the walk with pal Nats, so that was something.

Anyhoo, here's a little movie I told Yojimbo I would link to last time we talked.

And would it be silly to get one of these if I am to be a serious bike commuter?

After seeing the John Sayles movie t'other night, I did a little research on Matewan. Take a look at these two versions of the battle: one from the town website that includes eyewitness testimony and one from the records of the mine operators (in the state archives.)

This is mostly for Stella: Psychology Today isn't the strongest source, but it's interesting nonetheless.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting article..... not sure if it was for me because of the less attractive people having sons part, or the sexual harassment bit.....I like the perspectives described in it though.

Walaka said...

"I like the perspectives described in it though."

That's why.

Anonymous said...

OK