Saturday, July 14, 2007

Indolence and out the other

I just came back from a walk to Greek Lake. Notice the preposition: to, not around. My desire for physical activity was overcome by my innate laziness compounded by the weather, so a walk down to the play fields was all that was in the cards this sunny and hot afternoon. I also swung by the library to pick up another Terry Pratchett book, so that’s something. I figure that the next few weeks are going to be quite busy, so that having a fairly empty weekend now will just balance out the karma.

Keeping in that theme, yesterday was pretty lazy, too, although more social. After a morning of organizing my pre-digital photographs, I was paid separate-but-equal visits from Stella and Yojimbo, both intent on catching up and giving me stuff. Then I walked down to the U-district and met Dingo at her bus transfer. We rode up to Cap Hill for a lovely dinner at Pho Cyclo before meeting Sylvio at Cal & Merry’s for their screening of John Sayles’s Matewan. (Being a Sayles film, it was, of course, masterful, showcasing young Chris Cooper and David Straitharn in a powerful tale of union organizing.) At the end of an evening of great conversation, I retrieved the little black car and drove home.

This weekend has featured cat-craziness as well as Walaka-laziness. It seems the kitties miss Otis; they’re just a little out of sorts, and Selkie is a bit more demanding of attention than usual. Well, Otis just called from the airport in Oakland, so she’ll be home soon, and then I won't have to get up at four in the morning anymore.

No comments: