Monday, July 02, 2007

Give us 22 minutes and we'll give you the world

Wind destroys treasured weather instrument

The wind blew the venetian blinds and knocked over my Galileo thermometer, causing it to smash and spill a foul-smelling liquid in my carpet. The liquid did not appear to stain, but smells so bad that I have a fan in the window for ventilation. A quick search of the intarweb indicates that the liquid is likely water with "paraffin and petroleum distillates" in it. Oh, okay, no prob.

Weather: Man, it's been great the last couple of days, hasn't it? It's Scooter Time! (mow-now-now now)

Entertainment: Rear Window is one of the movies that you have to watch every now and again to prove to yourself just how good it is. Because it is even better than you remember.

Business: Otis has a new display ad on the intarweb.

PSA: This in, from Nedra: Does anybody have a semi-portable bed available for loan? My mother's been ill and my aunt might come up to stay with her for a while and will need somewhere to sleep. A futon won't do, I don't think, as my aunt's 72, so she'd need something higher off the floor. Ideally something foldy up, if ya know what I mean. If not, anyone know where such things can be rented? Nedra's mom is local, so if you can help out, let us know.

Gossip: What Emmy-award-winning sound designer is going to be late for dinner if he doesn't get here soon?

No comments: