Thursday, July 26, 2007

Sparrow fart

That's what Dingo calls early early morning, and that's when I was up taking her to the airport a while ago. (Man, the streets sure are empty at 4:40 am.) When I got home, I decided to stay up, and I've already done the dishes and made myself another cup of coffee. (Nothing says waking up like Folger's in my cup...)

Dingo is off to attend the wedding of my big sister (as opposed to my little big sister); Otis and I will be flying out on the redeye to JFK tonight to join in the nuptial revels (actually in Connecticut, not New York) tomorrow. I wish we could extend the visit a bit; Otis has never been to The City, and it would be nice to spend some time there. Unfortunately, I have to teach tonight and first thing on Monday, so we can only squeeze what we can out of the weekend. As it is, we'll probably only be able to do lunch in town, between the shuttle from the airport to Grand Central and the train out to New Haven.

While we are gone, Sairey will be staying at the house, minding the cats, watching the spectrator, and eating up all the leftovers. Yay, Sairey!

So, today will be full of teaching and packing and last-minute remembered chores. And probably a nap this afternoon when having stayed up this morning starts looking like less of a good idea.

Bonus Linkage:

Jimmy the K has an activities blog! Document your fun with the K-man!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have a great time in CT! Wave to Brian's family as you pass by the 2nd Fairfield stop on the train. Where's the wedding? And hey, it was 10 years ago today that I was getting married there in CT!