Sunday, July 08, 2007

The Just Us League!

Well, the first LotU Company Picnic was a rousing success.



Roll call included Stella, Sairey, Cal, Merry, Dingo, Johnbai, O, Sylvio, Trots (and Bonnie), J-Force, and last minute arrivals JagGirl and Dvd. (Soapy got stuck in faux-Alaska.) I could wax poetic about how great a day it was, but instead let me let the pictures do most of the talking. The shot of Sylvio above just about sums up the day, but here are some details:

Merry led the way in the raspberry-picking efforts.
Many berries were harvested.


Talk, and lots of it. And new connections made - always a plus!

Johnbai, Walaka, Trots (hidden), Stella, Merry, Calvin, Sairey


Badminton, of course.

Merry, Stella, Walaka


Stellar Stella


Can you find the birdie in this picture?
Neither could Johnbai or Calvin!


There was a constant stitch 'n' bitch going on.

Sairey and O brought their goods,
and J-Force and Trots joined in the chat.


Water-balloon toss:
recreating this famous cover of the Justice League

Trots, Sylvio, Merry, Johnbai, Stella, Calvin, J-Force (hidden), Walaka


Stella, Calvin, J-Force, Walaka


Trots, Sylvio, Merry, Johnbai

Calving and J-Force got soaked.
I think Johnbai and Stella were the official winners.

Good grub, but this king of the burgers didn't play
any of that "have it your way" stuff


Otis was happy that Bonnie was a dog


And more convo:

Sylvio, Stella, Walaka, Trots, Sairey, Johnbai, O, J-Force, Merry


Sairey, Johnbai, O, Dingo, Calvin, J-Force, Merry

During these last pictures, we were "playing" Outliers, a game in which each person tries to forward an experience or characteristic that they believe is either unique to them or universal for the group. It turns out that we all have been pierced, eaten tofu and tempeh, spent at least a week outside the country, and tried meditation. Only one of us is a parent, has never had a cup of coffee, or has been to Iceland. Most vices, family situations, and sexual experiences all seemed to fall in the standard deviation. I don't know what that says about us.

Some folks left early but we capped the night with an hour or so of hot-tubbing; JagGirl and Dvd arrived just as we got started (although Dvd didn't get wet). No camera allowed, unfortunately.

Soapy called just as the last car was heading out of driveway, just a little too late for the fun.

Thanks everyone!

PS: There are so many pictures of me this time because Otis had the camera!



2 comments:

"Yojimbo_5" said...

Aw, nurtz!

Sorry I missed it, and I truly missed it. K. didn't come home last night. I kept calling and calling (her phone ran out of charge),but no word. Finally about 8:30, I conceded she wouldn't be here, so I threw a Banquet frozen dinner in the microwave. I figured it was too late by that time. Smokey was already passed out (hot day/long walk/frisbee chasing).

He has requested more pictures of Bonnie, though!

WV: batqrz (the mineral named after "Batman," as the element "Supermanium" is anmed after "Superman."

Scotty Walsh said...

I'm sorry I missed it, too. I was in town for the 4th, but had to start driving back to Denver early on Friday. Hopefully, I'll catch the next one, where I'll continue taking the der out of underemployed.

Did you get the book I sent you?

Scotty