Saturday, April 29, 2006

Miss Elainey

Man, yesterday was a beautiful day and we went a whole bunch of place and did a lot of stuff!

Man, today was a miserable day and we hardly left the house - but still did a bunch of stuff!

Yesterday morning, I covered for Mighty Mel's class; Otis drove north with me and while I was at Cascadia for three hours or so, she hung out at the Putnam Compound. When I was finished, she picked me up and we went for lunch in Log Boom Park; afterwards, we took our conveniently racked bikes from the car and had a great ride in the sunshine on the Sammamish River Trail. We got home with not too much time to spare before heading out to Cedars for a birthday celebration with the Putnam clan for Otis's brother. After the Cedars fete (great food/lousy service), we stopped only to switch from scooter to sedan and joined Johnbai, Dingo, Cair-uhl, Soapy, and Mighty Mel herself at the Crest for a showing of 16 Blocks, the new Bruce Willis/Mos Def flick (surprisingly good). Then the whole gang went over and hung out at the Lake City Starbucks until they threw us out. Cool stuff, good times, good friends.

Today was a different story. Although it was sunny when I got up at 7:00, that soon ended and they day plunged into perpetual gloom and rain. In an effort to avoid any real (i.e., student-paper-related) work, Otis and I decided today would be a great day to sell a bunch of stuff on Craig's list. And so, after doing a little planning for the Open House that is coming up on May 13, we broke out the digital camera and spent a good deal of time snapping and writing and posting. It appears to have paid off - Otis has sold a box o' beads already and has a buyer for her old dollhouse furniture, and I have a guy coming tomorrow to take the big box o' Viking helmets (remember them?) off my hands. In a similar vein, our only foray into the outside world was a trip to Half-Price Books, where Otis sold the rest of her pile of books and CDs (the stuff that neither Third Place would take). Here's to commerce!

On a completely unrelated note, we have had a considerable amount of pirate activity here lately, and it is a well-known piece of the lore of the internets that there is an eternal struggle between pirates and ninjas. I just thought I would throw this out in the interest of equal time:

Create your own animation

Make your own mini-ninja animation here.

So here's a new plan: I buy this, I hook my new trailer to it, and I cruise the Burke-Gilman trail all day, selling energy drinks, power bars, and patch kits to the neon-spandex crowd. Well?

Actually funny: a comic strip about blogging that I found on a comic-strip-blog.

No comments: