Thursday, April 06, 2006

Up an' at 'em

So, I'm not feeling quite so grrr-zlie right now, even though nothing big has changed. I still have too little work for the remainder of the fiscal year. I haven't ridden since Monday, so I'll be back in that saddle today. The Turbo-tax turned out to be right - the education credit doesn't work when no taxes are due (duh) so there will be no big refund for Otis. I have a stack of job possibilities in front of me, but none of them is terrible exciting. Wow, I think I just wound up depressing myself again.

Nah.

Here's some good news for us all to share in: Dingo's LMT license is in the mail! Hip-hip-hurrah! Send her kudos and best wishes and all that!

On a similar front, Otis has her treatment room nearly finished. She got some "Cottontail" paint the other night (I think it looks more like "Buttermilk") and went on a tear yesterday and painted the room. Now, if only she would get the letter that lets her take the test that qualifies her for the license in the house that Jack built...

For my part, I had some fun t'other day. I subbed for an art teacher and taught a session of the equivalent of the introduction to art appreciation class. At Otis's suggestion, I put together a lesson plan on ekphrasis - writing about art (think Ode on a Grecian Urn). It went over pretty well, and I think I might even incorporate part of it into some of my writing classes. (It was also fun that there were three students that I had taught before in the class and they were happy to see me.)

Johnbai mentioned on Stave it Off that his blog-iversary was coming up. which made think that mine must have passed unremarked, and indeed it has. The first real post on HKC was March 11, 2005: one year, three weeks, and five days ago; that little effort seems to have been the first pebble in the avalanche of blogging that we have become accustomed to of late, predating even Wheylona's Viva by about three weeks (although I think that she had her site in the works before that). Anyway, it's been grand; I love the way that folks in three countries and in two states in this country (and that's just my neighborhood in this blogburg) can keep in such constant touch. Yay, the internets!

And in the spirit of the internets, dig this: The Cartoonist, a blog I read regularly, considers these two versions of German children's program. Which do you prefer: old school or cool rulz?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Old school.

Soapy