Friday, April 14, 2006

It was a clear and stormy day...

It was a pretty cool day yesterday, and I don't just mean the temperature. I biked down to the Cascade neighborhood in the morning to pick Otis up a review book for her massage license test (which she takes on Wednesday next). I met Dingo there, and she helped me get the book and we browsed REI for expensive bike gear that I will never buy and had coffee and took a little walk. It started to look like the storm was picking up, so I headed back to the RD before the rain kicked in. (My ride was on the short side, but it kept me on pace.)

After an interlude of takin' care of business, Otis and I went to a special screening of On a Clear Day, courtesy of the good office of Mighty Mel. Seattle Weekly didn't like it, but we thought it was engaging and affecting - and fun, too. Afterwards, Mel had to run off to dog duty, so Otis and I went out and browsed office supplies in the late evening and came home with a purple legal pad and pink post-it notes (don't ask).

Oh, yeah - Kris-10 came over the other night and we finally watched Y Tu Mama Tambien (which came out five years ago and which we got from Netflix before we moved). It was a great movie and the girls particularly liked all the naked boy bits.

Today begins the weekend whirl - we've got pals from Spokane coming over tonight, and Wheylonapalooza tomorrow night, and I've got drafts to respond, and Otis has papers to grade, and Otis needs to study, and Sunday is some sort of family holiday, and so on. Good times.

1 comment:

John said...

I demand a full debate on the merits of Y tu Mama Tambien. All the haters, like Ned, should defend their dismissal of one of the decade's finest movies.

PS Did you get the whole political allegory thing?