Thursday, April 27, 2006

Wheels and stuff

B2Keno = 11.2

So, it seems like I have been just traversing the landscape non-stop lately. Tuesday was a decent day, not as sunny as the prior days, but nice, so I was doing my errands on the scooter all day. (The scooter, BTW, has been tricked out, and the two basque sheepies have a prominent place on the front fairing.) I took care of bidness at Antioch; came up to the hill and saw J-Force and didn't see an under-the-weather Dingo; and hit a half-dozen bike shops looking for some gear for my bicycle commute (in particular, an old-school traingle-shaped, in-the-frame equiment pouch) which I did not find.

When Otis got back from family bidness in the afternoon, we took another scootering loop from the RD to Magnuson Park out to Target and over to the Ballard VV and on to Than Bros for pho and a stop at Archie McPhee's before calling on Rye-N and Kris-10. Withal, we didn't buy anything besides a candle lighter at Target.

Yesterday was a teaching day, so I made the bike commute to Bothell, but just for fun I took the new trailer. It was surprisingly easy to ride with, although my speed was 2 mph slower than it has consistently been on the this trip. I don't know how much of that is attributable to the trailer and how much to my knees going into their early-season protest, just like they did last year. Anyway, it was lots of fun, and people seemed to give me right-of-way more easily, perhaps thinking I had a kid.

I truncated the return trip to meet Otis at Log Boom Park; she was up north returning papers to IHS and doing stuff at the Putnam Compound in LFP. The trailer folds/disassembles easily to fit in the trunk; good to know for expeditions and such.

More wheels today, as I take Otis's car in for brake work; I am going to combine it with quality time with Scott Flowers, so that is cool.

Diamond Dust:

Since I have been scootering and biking lately, there have been times where I have worn shorts and even pants while doing my errands. It was surprised by how many people have mentioned that they had never seen me in other than a kilt; my students were particularly disappointed. Huh.

We got a discount coupon in the mail for these folks who deliver food. I think we might try it out for the local organic produce and see how it goes.

We've got plenty of pirates going on here - and Otis has some artists happening on her blog. Check it out.

Here's a blog post on subtly subversive on-line reviews of The Family Circus. This is the best of a small batch:

[F]or Kittycat's Motor is Running: I weep for Jeffy. The language, however base and stomach cramp inducing, does the job of transporting the reader to the suburban hell that only Keane can imagine. The amount of ennui overflowing from this wasp-ish family of innocents staggers. If you cannot see their pain, you are blind. I am Jocasta, my eyes bleed for the family circus.

I will upgrade my mobile phone when I can get one of these.

1 comment:

wheylona said...

Hey, gonna post a pic of your sheeped-out scooter? I wanna see!